All our worship services include a combination of traditional and contemporary music, using both organ and piano to accompany songs and liturgy. We select hymns and praise songs from various sources that incorporate traditional Lutheran background and reflect the ecumenical make-up of our congregation. We also choose songs with our children in mind, and encourage people in the congregation to suggest hymns and songs they would like to be included in our worship services. We use percussion to add variety to our songs and often invite children to grab an instrument and join in the praise. Many members of our congregation prepare special pieces — both instrumental and vocal — to share during worship.
Music can touch your soul and bring you to a different level in your faith. At Church of the Resurrection, we recognize the power of music and strive to incorporate it into many aspects of our church life. The mission of our Music Ministry is to offer ourselves and our talents to God, who has gifted us in so many ways. Through our programs, we offer opportunities for all who wish to participate at any age, ability or level of commitment they choose.
On Thursdays, adults and high school students gather to prepare musical pieces for worship.
- 6:30-7:15 p.m. – The Resurrection Ringers handbell choir meets. Anyone is welcome to join this group, which uses four octaves of handbells and four octaves of chimes.
- 7:20-8:30 p.m. – The Sanctuary Choir meets. This group participates in many aspects of our worship experience.
The halls of our church are alive with the sounds of children on Wednesday nights. All children are welcome, regardless of their musical background.
- 5:15-5:50 p.m. – Joyful Voices choir is for children in grades 4-8. The children learn music in unison and two-part harmony and sing for worship once a month.
- 6-6:30 p.m. – Joyful Sound choir is for children in grades K-3. During rehearsals, the youngsters practice unison singing and develop their musical skills. They also begin to experiment with rhythm instruments and our four-octave set of chimes. This group sings once a month for worship.
- 6-6:45 p.m. – Joyful Praise handbell choir is for children in grades 4-8. The group uses four octaves of handbells and four octaves of chimes, plays once a month for worship, and occasionally attends special regional handbell clinics.
- 6:30-7 p.m. – Family dinner – All are welcome to join us!
This is a group for all those who wish to express their praise to God in the art form of dance. Rehearsals are scheduled on an occasional basis throughout the year.
Instrumentalists and Special Music
We encourage anyone in the congregation with a special musical talent — whether vocal or instrumental — to share that gift with us during worship services. We also look for opportunities to incorporate instrumental music into our already established groups to enhance our worship experience.
Throughout the year, we plan a variety of special programs, including an annual spring children’s musical drama, seasonal choral cantatas, and inter-generational musical dramas.
Follow our music on Facebook: